Thursday, May 26, 2011

Welcome

Hi.  I'm Jonathan's cancer.  Jonathan was supposed to start this blog something like a year ago, but he's -- well, to be honest, he's scared. I guess I can't blame him, sort of. Just mentioning my name, Cancer, is scary to people in general.  Jonathan has been cut up, poked by needles, poisoned, zapped with radiation, and been subjected to more endoscopies and procedures and complications than anyone I know. But still, I was like, this shit has to stop. This has to be written down. My legacy can't go undocumented.  Jonathan wanted to write too, and maybe he had different motivations than I did, but I needed him.  Cancer doesn't type. But, Jonathan kept whining about being too sick or too tired or he didn't feel like it. Anyway, long story short, fully knowing Jonathan's desire to write a blog as well, I agreed to step up and help, be his writing partner so to speak... If he named the blog after me. First part of the deal, done, but I still have doubts about him. To make it easy,  I said I'd start it off, and he could then just step in and follow my lead. This is our first post. We'll see.

2 comments: